Thursday, April 8, 2010

What Do These Mean?

These phrases were written usually when I was either inebriated, intoxicated or just really nostalgic and thinking about my life. They don't mean anything, and they're not supposed too. My goal is to prove you can write something that seems deep without it actually having any real meaning behind it. If I start writing a sentence that makes sense, I immediately start over.

But hey, if they do hit home with you, great. If not, that's fine too. Most of the time they make people laugh, I always say that if these were written one hundred years ago, people would love them (Can't you just see Hemingway jot down his thoughts on the "eternal whisper"?). I have fun writing these, so let me know what you think :). I'll write more with time.

  1. The spirit of the earth has yet to be achieved.
  2. The eternal whisper transcends time.
  3. A vida não é certa sem razão.
  4. The meaning still wanders loosely.
  5. Surfaces lie motionless when necessary.
  6. The blue balloon is fading from my grasp.



PS - My personal favorite is #2, it was also the first one that popped into my mind. The whole sentence just came to me
out of nowhere.

1 comment:

  1. Ainda bem que você explicou tudo no começo... hehe
    Eu gostei do blue balloon! beijos

    ReplyDelete